Thursday – Letters
“Can we boast, then, that we have done anything to be accepted by God? No, because our acquittal is not based on obeying the law. It is based on faith.”
Romans 3:27 NLT
Here’s my attempt to simplify Romans –
- We have all sinned and fall short of God’s standard.
- Nothing we do can make up for that shortfall.
- Jesus made up for our failure through His sacrifice.
- We need to trust in Him in order to accept that sacrifice.
- We strive to do what is right because we trust that He knows what is best for us.
- No matter how good we are, we have nothing to boast about as we still fall far short and our life depends on God’s grace.
Did I miss anything?
Take a moment to ponder that and realize much much gratitude we owe to God!